Bolt World Fasteners Ltd
East Tilbury, RM18 8RH
£26,000 a year - Full-time, Permanent
Bolt World Fasteners Ltd specialise in retailing and distributing standard and specialist industrial fasteners.
We are one of the UK’s leading online fasteners supplier with more than 100,000 satisfied customers all over the world due to the valued members of the Bolt World family who on a daily basis work together to deliver a high-quality service for all our customers.
We are looking to recruit a Material Planner/ Buyer on a permanent basis.
The role will sit within, our office at East Tilbury, Essex.
- Understanding the fasteners material and sizes as per requirements of the customer and then identifying the appropriate products for the specific application.
- Knowledge of Metric, UNC, UNF, BA thread specifications with material zinc, galvanised and various passivated treatments.
- Purchasing items as per MRP/Requisition list.
- Creation of new parts and assortment fasteners ideas for new product range.
- To respond to request for quotations (RFQs) in a timely and organised manner.
- Operational purchasing and material planning, assesses budgetary limitations and customer requirements and decides on quantity, type, range and quality of goods or services to be bought.
- Progressing and evaluating open PO’s when required.
- Communicating with sourcing new items or suppliers, prepare supplier forms & contracts, negotiating price and meeting with supplier’s representative if required.
- Ensures that delivered items comply with order, monitors quality of incoming goods and returns unsatisfactory or faulty items, monitors performance and makes sure targets are met.
- Maintains records and prepares reports as necessary
- To progress orders and ensure stocking is in line with Company policy in order to achieve optimum stock turn, to achieve total customer satisfaction.
- To maintain the profiling of customer dedicated stocks, ensuring stock write-downs are avoided to maintain continuity of supply.
- To profile product ranges in line with current stock level requirements and availability targets.
- To monitor and ensure only acceptable suppliers and sub-contractors are used for quotations and stock purchases.
- To participate in projects as required.
- Attends trade fairs, shows and demonstrations to research new product lines and suppliers, checks catalogues.
- Ideally you will have some background within purchasing and have knowledge of fasteners products, although full training will be provided. You will need to have excellent communication skills together with a good telephone manner and be able to communicate at all levels.
- A good all-round team player is a must, as is the ability to work to deadlines and think on your feet. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate flexibility in their approach, be able to prioritise and remain focused at all times, along with the ability to be able to negotiate.
- It is advantageous that you will be proficient in the use of Microsoft products in particular Excel and Word, although this is not essential as training will be provided. You must have a good standard of numeracy and literacy.
Working hours will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- A Level (preferred)
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift (9:00am to 5:00om, Mon – Fri)